Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How Did The Break Up Happen? Can I fix it?



If you have found yourself asking the question "How did the break up happen?"it may be a clear sign that communication was not effective in the relationship. Perhaps the communication wasn't honest. Becoming more involved in a relationship makes it natural to reveal deeper personal aspects about yourself. Revealing this type of information requires trust and can make you vulnerable. The vulnerability can have an effect upon the way you handle conflict in the relationship.

When issues arise do you willingly discuss them with your partner and are you the one to bring them up? Do you have the tendency to make excuses to avoid contention by brushing aside an issue by thinking "it's not a big deal what's the point in fussing about it?" Letting things go that you should have discussed with your partner in other words. Continually allowing things to slide and just letting them go builds resentment over time. Realize that communication issues plays a tremendous role in the cause of a break up.

Within a matter of time it soon becomes difficult to overlook these issues because they have been allowed to build on one another. The greatest portion of communication can be pinpointed to listening. Ask yourself "Am I a good listener?" Maybe your ex made numerous attempts at resolving conflicts but felt like they were talking to a brick wall so eventually gave up by ending the relationship.

Fortunately, all hope is not lost under the circumstances. Begin making changes in your communication skills. When the opportunity arises to speak with your ex again listen intently to every word they say. Sincerely listen to what they are telling you and be patient for your turn to speak. Learning how to listen and communicate effectively will become evident in all your relationships. People will gravitate toward you because they will feel as if they have been heard every time they speak with you.

Since you sincerely want to get your ex back after a break up it is essential that you start sharing your concerns. Make sure that the time is right when you begin voicing these issues that might be lingering. Starting a relationship again when conflict has not been resolved is a bad position to launch off in. Realize that a major part of having a successful relationship comes down to how you express yourself toward your ex and how you allow them to express themselves to you.

To Your Happiness,

Josh


2 comments:

  1. My girlfriend of 3 years dumped me about 4 months ago. I'll be 33 in a few weeks, she just turned 22. As she told me her dad had sex with her when she was 11, she walked out the door. Told me she could finally tell me because we are not together anymore. She said she tried to tell me she wasn't happy anymore. She became emotionally unavailable to me about 1 year ago. I love this girl still and am having a hard time deciding if I should just let her go. She doesn't trust men. Honest opinions; should I try to get her back if I still love her or did I dodge a bullet and just move on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with physical abuse can be very tricky. However, if you really love this girl I suggest that you work with her in getting help to handle this traumatic past she has. Perhaps she is having a tough time being in a relationship because she hasn't resolved the issues of the past.

    Ultimately you need to make the decision yourself on what to do because you have the whole picture. If I was in the situation and knew that she was the one for me I would do all I can to revive the relationship and help her in dealing with the problems she has.

    All the best,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete